Install IrfanView on Linux
The following work sequence shows you how to install the freeware image viewer "Irfanview" (www.irfanview.com ) on Linux. The reported problems with the installation are all referred to the installer that requires a certain Windows DLL file. If you have a access to a Windows PC on wich IrfanView is installed, you can also copy the IrfanView folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\IrfanView) to the particular wine folder (e.g. /home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/IrfanView/)
- Install "wine" on your system.
- Get the file "mfc42.dll" from the folder "C:\windows\system32" of a running Windows system.
- Copy this file to the analogous wine folder "/home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32".
- Download the setup file (e.g. iview400_setup.exe) for IrfanView (www.irfanview.com )
Click with the right mouse button on the downloaded file and choose the option "Open with 'wine'"
When the installation is completed you can start Irfanview by using the following commandline:
wine "C:/Program Files/IrfanView4/i_view32.exe"
To create a starter for IrfanView on your Desktop choose the option "Create Launcher" in the context menue and use the commandline from above as the command:
- Useful software that is installed on my system
- [FireFox] Useful add-ons for Firefox
- Extract all image-files from PDF-files by using the right mouse button
- [IrfanView] Installation on your Linux machine
- [SplitsTree4] Installation on your 64 bit system